Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

We spent our Thanksgiving with my dad's side of the family in Nevada. We planned this when we found out that Boise State was playing there this year. On our way over, we followed a caravan of Boise state fans. They all had flags flying on their cars. We stopped to let the kids use the restroom and we had to wait in a long line of blue and orange (about 30min.). The owner of the store said if he knew BSU was so popular, he would have put in two sets of bathrooms. ha.ha

When we got to my uncle's house we were so glad to see my grandma. She is a great lady. She has always had such a great sense of humor.My aunt and uncle have the sweetest dog. We all loved her and I wanted to take her home with us.

Carson basting the Ham........what a big helper!
Our yummy feast!

Hot chocolate.........mmmm
Carson, Lexi and Libby.......all snuggling with Kyle=0)
Then Kyle and I were off to Reno for the big game. We had to stop in this big sport's store to check it out. This is what we found as we walked in. I should have taken him out while I had the chance. I figured my boys would be picking on him enough that night, so I left him alone........big mistake! That dirty dog.

We had great seats, close to the field.
We sat close to these guys. They were funny. Boise lost the game, which was a big bummer. There is no reason why they shouldn't have won that game. The fans over there were super rude too. We got the bird a bunch of times .ha.ha. Oh, well. We still had a great time. We were pretty disappointed though. Like I said.......we should have won that game.
Kyle and the kids built this awesome big snow man the next day. They also built two little ones. They had a great time.
My aunt Altie and Kylie
My dad, my grandma and I. I was so glad to see her. She was so patient with our kids. She colored with them, played hide and seek with them, and read books to them. It was a great time.
We had a long drive home that night. Kyle was needed at work, so we headed home in some bad weather. We didn't get home until about 2:30 in the morning. We all snuggled in my bed for a while the next day.
We have so much to be thankful for, and I am glad that Thanksgiving gives us the extra opportunity to reflect on our blessings each year. =0)

3 comments:

Trent and Mel said...

How fun! It's too bad about the game though, it made me sick watching it! Looks like you had a great time with your family which is even better!

David and Melissa Belnap said...

We were in tears from our sofa!! :( I LOVE the picture of the snowmen!!! That is too cute!

Williamson Fam said...

Ahhhh I remember her, what a great time, its so great to be able to spend the holiday with family, and so cool you were able to squeeze some fun time in..Miss you!