Thursday, October 2, 2008

sick kids and caramel apples

Last week was a pretty crazy week for us. We all had a horrible cold, with a cough that lasted forever. I noticed last week that Carson's eyes looked really bad when he woke up from his nap. I called the Dr. and they diagnosed him with pink eye over the phone. I was glad we didn't have to take him in for it. We went to pick up his eye drops, and the problem was taken care of. I was really careful and washed his sheets and pillows, but Kylie still got it. Thankfully we had plenty of drops to take care of her too. A couple days after, it seemed like Carson's cold was getting worse. His cough was keeping him up at night too, so we took him in to the Dr.. Thankfully we did, because he had walking pneumonia and an ear infection. Poor little guy! I almost didn't take him, because I figured she would say that the cold just needed to run it's course. I trusted my motherly instinct, and gave her a call anyways. He is doing much better now and has taken all his medicine.
Since we are all feeling better this week, we decided to do a fun project..........caramel apples! I was inspired by a friend of mine, who is trying to do fun fall/halloween activities with her kids this month. I thought it was a great idea to get the kids involved and help them to enjoy this fun season to the fullest. They had a great time helping, and especially eating their creations.

They first washed them

Then dried them, and threw them around a couple times. They actually did really well! There was only one that was badly bruised.

Carson had to give them a little lick before they went into the oven

Kylie thought that looked like fun, so she licked them too. I guess we won't be sharing these with the neighbors!ha,ha. I would, if we didn't like our neighbors.

Carson found a neat way to eat them, without getting his fingers sticky. I may have to try that next time! Kylie thought it was pretty funny, and encouraged him to keep eating like a piggy.

5 comments:

David and Melissa Belnap said...

Poor Carson!! I am glad to hear he is feeling better! Fun Project!!! I love, love, love caramel apples!!! You will have to tell me how you did them..they look yummy! I don't blame the kids for diving right in!!

Williamson Fam said...

Oh poor little guy, its so sad when they are sick, arent motherly insticts cool? And i wouldnt have cared if my carmel apple was licked i would still eat it, those looked so good, we need to do that soon..

Sean, Jessi and Jaydn Coletti said...

Hi Kyle! It's been a while! I actually thought about you on your Birthdaythis year, but forgot to send you a card. I didn't know you had two kids! Are they twins? Which is older? Do you still live in the same house? We found Sherrie's blog, and yours from hers. OUr blog address is www.potatoestopapayas.blogspot.com
We live in Idaho Falls now, and are settled here. It's great to see you and your sweet family. Tell Ashleigh hello!
Love Jessi (Grigg) Coletti

Sherrie said...

Glad you trusted your instincts. :) Moms are usually right, and it's worth it to find a doctor who knows that! :) We love doing caramel apples too! Yummy! Glad you're all feeling better!

The Five that Jive said...

So much fun! Those apples look so yummy! How are you feeling??? Hey, i tagged you!
Lindsey J