Friday, January 2, 2009

Ahoy!!

My very talented sister in law and family were here to visit us this week for New Year's, and helped me finish up Carson's room. Kyle and I had bought the furniture and put up the paneling, but the room was very plain. She had some really great ideas to decorate it. We did a lot of shopping, and these are the results.................................................
The boat bed

We found this lamp at a discount store, painted it, she painted and glued the boat to the base, and it turned out really cute for half the cost!

She even had the idea of putting a sail above his bed........it looks even cuter in person!

Thanks again Melissa! I am really happy with the way it turned out.Now, I just have to keep my double trouble from tearing off the wall paper, and breaking the lamp! We are going to start working on Kylie and her baby sister's room this weekend! I hope it turns out as cute as Carson's =0)

4 comments:

Sherrie said...

Wow, I LOVE it! What a fun theme, and it turned out so cute! I bet Carson just loves his bed! I can't wait to see what you do with the girls' room!

Williamson Fam said...

Oh wow, that is so cute wha a gea job you guys did, i need some help now, come on over...

David and Melissa Belnap said...

It was super fun!! I love doing stuff like that! Someday we will go into business!! :)

Emily Jones said...

Hey, remember me. It has been forever. I found you through Mel's blog. Your family is so so cute. I'm happy to see you are doing great!