Friday, July 3, 2009

Happy Campers =0)

We took a much needed vacation over to Northern Idaho last week.It was a fun week, and it was nice to spend time with my parents, aunt & uncle, and my grandma. It was also nice to not have any distractions, like television, phones, and the computer. Although, I was thrilled to get home to all of my modern day comforts. It really makes you appreciate the little conveniences of life! We spent a lot of time at the campground. There was a playground right next to our campsite, and we also brought Kylie and Carson's new bikes. They enjoyed fishing with the boys, and playing in the dirt. Lexi got a lot of snuggles by everyone, and did great on her first camping trip. This was our first camping trip ever with the kids. We also went to the amusement park over there, which was a ton of fun. There is also a water park attached to it, but the water was way too cold. The first couple of days up there were pretty cold, and then it warmed up. We are planning to go back and visit Northern Idaho again. Next time we want to go to the big indoor water park, we saw it on our way home (great timing!!)
We woke up one morning to find this ginormous goose egg on Carson's head. We thought maybe it was a mosquito bite (maybe by one the size of a bird!) but deep down we figured it was the result from his fall the previous week. Kyle took him in to Urgent care. I fought back my tears until he left. Thankfully, it was o.k. I guess it can take a week before the bump appears. The Dr. said that they aren't too concerned about external bumps. I guess it is good it finally came out! Poor little buddy!!
My Grandma Scott. This was her first time meeting Alexis. The kids had a great time putting together puzzles with her. I am sad that we don't get to see her more often! I was so glad she came!
Our trip to Silverwood
We were so surprised at how brave Carson and Kylie were on the rides. They loved them! We even rode the roller coaster with our hands in the air. They have a lot more courage than I did as a kid. I was a big baby, when it came to the rides!
Lexi enjoyed being outside, and watching all the action at the park.Of course we had to make some s'mores when we got back
Here is Alexis all bundled up for the night
I thought this was so cute! It would have been even cuter, if my dad had a bald head too! he. he
We now make the kids wear helmets from the time they wake up, until the time they go to bed! j/k. I have thought about it though! They had just got done riding their bikes.
Kyle let Carson reel in a fish. It was so funny how excited he got to catch his first fishy! We still owe Kylie a turn.

3 comments:

David and Melissa Belnap said...

It looks like you guys had TONS of fun!! It looks like Carson is no worse for the wear! :) I am glad that you guys got to get away!

Williamson Fam said...

Ahh how fun, for you guys, you are so brave taking all the kids, so glad they did well, and you had plenty of back-up...Alexis is lookign more and more like kylie, so cute!Miss you

Sean, Jessi and Jaydn Coletti said...

Hi Kyle! Looks like you had a great trip! Your family is darling! I was just thinking about you and wanted to say........Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great 30th year! I'm not far behind you...
Jessi