Saturday, May 15, 2010

Trash or Treasure??

What would you call this lovely pile of wood, and junk? I call it a treasure.he.he.
Since the twins will be having a birthday next month, we decided that a swing set would be a great present. I wanted to get them a nice one, without paying a fortune. I had been searching craigslist for a few days. I called on a few.......but they sell within minutes of being posted. It was like trying to win the lottery. We even had a cute metal one lined up, the guy said he would hold it for us........but he lied.Grrrr. So I finally won the craigslist lottery a couple of days ago. I found an AWESOME deal on a wood one. I loaded the kids up, headed to the location, and I was the first one there to pay him. YAY! But Kyle went later that night to pick it up, and the bolts were snappping, and the wood was cracking while he took it apart. I think he was a little frustrated with me at the time. After getting it home, he figured out ways to fix it up. He is very handy, and really smart........that is why I knew the old parts wouldn't be a problem=0)
He is now excited and we are all working on it this weekend. It is turning out to be a pretty fun project for all of us! See............I knew what I was doing after all! And I saved us from spending a ton on a new one =)

2 comments:

David and Melissa Belnap said...

YAY!! I have a swing set all picked out at Home Depot.....just have to convince David that he has the time to go and get it and put it together!!! hahaha! Go Kyle!

Williamson Fam said...

I can totally see how this conversation went down, so funny totalyl something i would do, but so glad it all worked out.My kids love theirs, best purchase we've made, so fun!