Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Easter

The day we got home from vacation, my birth parents came to visit us. I didn't get very many pictures, but we had a great time with them. They brought the kids a lot of presents ( we only see them once or twice a year, so we celebrate birthdays and holidays when they come). We went to the movies and out to eat. Here is Kylie with her nonna. They gave Carson this awesome train set. He played with it for hours that night. At one point he was even laying in the middle of it, watching a movie. My boy LOVES his trains!
My friend Melissa put together a fun Easter egg in our neighborhood. The kids had so much fun, and the weather was really nice
There were so many eggs and each was one hidden so well.....thanks to Melissa's mom and her friend. They did a great job!

Easter eggs! It seems like we never have enough eggs to color. They go so fast! Lots of fun though. We colored them right before the kids went to bed, so here they are in their p.j.'s and aprons.
Oooooh.........so pretty!
Easter morning.....baskets filled by the Easter bunny. We also taught the kids about the real meaning of Easter the night before. My mom was so impressed when we went to her house and she asked them if they knew why we celebrate this special day. They answered by telling her that Jesus was resurrected. That word is impressive....especially coming from a four year old.

Here the kids are all dressed up for the special day. The girls' dresses were a gift from their nonna and pop-pop. They looked beautiful in them. Carson always looks so handsome in his Sunday best=0)
We went to my parent's house for dinner that day. I always love to see her festive table.
She made them a special drink......yummy.
And my dad hid some eggs for an egg hunt. There was one golden egg that was filled with gold coins.
I guess Kylie found the grand prize
You know it was a great day, when the kids look like this on the way home!

I am a little behind on my posting, but before I forget I have to share a funny story about Lexi. She has really been talking a lot lately. Sometimes she surprises us with her vocabulary. Well two days ago after the kids had a bath, she put a lot of her shoes in the bath tub while it still was full of water. I let them dry in there over night, and yesterday I told her she needed to put them all away. She started with one pair and came back over to me. I asked her if she cleaned them all up and she said "I can't, my too little mom". ha.ha. Too funny!

3 comments:

Williamson Fam said...

Ahh how fun, its so crazy to see your birth mom there is so much of you in her. I miss your parents so much we need to come for a visit..

alice said...

Ashleigh,love all the pictures! They sure did have a great Easter.And glad u told them the real meaning of Easter.But,the Easter bunny did not do a bad job either.The girls are so pretty in their Easter dresses.And Carson, so very handsome too.Love u all.

David and Melissa Belnap said...

Fun easter festivities!!!! I am still laughing at Lexi's comment! I love it when they start to say silly things!! I miss those days! :) I was just telling David that we need to plan a trip that way in the next little bit! Maybe just after the 4th of July?? Maybe we could hit the water park before I can't fit into a bathing suit!! Haha! Hope to see you all soon!