Thursday, June 23, 2011

Mother's Day and cupcakes

My kids and I on mother's day! They were so good to me. I love them more than they will ever know, and I think it is great to have a day to celebrate motherhood. It is hard work to be a good mom........and exhausting too!
I am also grateful to be able to show my gratitude to my own mom on this day.
I woke up to beautiful flowers, pretty slippers in my favorite color, and a new set of pots and pans. Thanks to my kids and their dad for treating me so well that day!!
Also, I feel so lucky to have made some great friends here in Idaho. My one friend and I have been on a mission to find a great cupcake. They all look so pretty, but don't seem to taste as good as we hope. She made some last month..........and they were fabulous. I was changing my clothes one night when she called and told Kyle she was bringing us some cupcakes. I was laughing, because I had just put on my cupcake jammies! What a coincidence. Kylie and Alexis were still awake to sample the yumminess! I had a hard time saving one for Carson.......but I did! They were the best we've had yet.
I have put on my cupcake jammies a few times since.......but I haven't had any more treats magically appear right after. I guess I need to buy a new pair!

2 comments:

Trent and Mel said...

You made some awesome strawberry and blueberry cupcakes too~ Go BBH! ANd your mama's day picture with your kiddos is adorable!

Williamson Fam said...

Cute! you are an amaming mother and have an amazing mother. If I lived closer I would bake you cupcakes all the time, and i'd delivver them in my jammies and we could pig out on them...