Thursday, July 14, 2011

Another California adventure

We got in really late, so we went to bed as soon as we got to my Nana's house. The next morning the kids were up and helping daddy Juan pick berries and other fruit in his backyard
First thing's first...........pedicures! Kylie and Lex had their first pedicure.
I am sure the ladies were glad to get us out of the salon, because Kylie, Lex and I all messed up our toes, and had to go back in for a touch up.
After our toes looked pretty, we had a b.b.q. and I was able to meet Andrew's girlfriend. Lexi loved her right away, and spent most of the night by her side.
The next day I met my friend Nicole at the mall for lunch. The kids loved the play area.........

especially Carson, since there was a Thomas ride

We took a day trip one day to see my grandma, uncle, and great uncle
This is my great uncle Clayton. He lives in a home where he can receive some assistance. He was glad to see the kids.
We also saw my dad's mom and had lunch with her. What a busy day. Too many people to see, and never enough time!

My nana read the kid's a bedtime story pretty much every night.

This is a picture of the Oakland area
My friends and I took the kids to Chuck E. Cheese one day. We were there for several hours.
Sandra, Diana and I

After Chuck E. Cheese. ha.ha

My friend Audrey is having a baby next month! One of the reasons for our trip to California was so that I could go to her baby shower.
I think Carson was the only boy in the place.........he doesn't look to sad about it either!

Sandra, Diana and I. Sandra is another reason for my visit. She has been fighting cancer for over a year now, and she is still giving it her all. She has a bone marrow transplant scheduled for next month. I am SOOO proud of her. Words can't even express how proud. She looks beautiful and does her makeup everyday, dresses up everyday, and most importantly she has the best attitude about everything. I know she has her moments of break-downs........but who wouldn't. She is amazing and I really admire her. It sucks not being able to be there for her more right now, but I am so thankful for technology and the opportunity it gives me to talk to her often. We had a wonderful time. We talked and laughed and even forgot about what she is going through for a little bit.......which is priceless!

The shower was beautiful. Definitely fit for a princess. The food was yummy too
My friend Diana made this beautiful decoration for the baby's room. The butterflies are made out of diapers
Kylie was Audrey's assistant. She helped hand her all the presents and she even helped her open a few.
My mom and my Nana kept saying they had a surprise for me. I found my surprise at the baby shower, when Julie (my nana's daughter) and her two girls Emma and Lauren showed up. They live in Southern California. What a perfect surprise.
Later that night Julie, Sandra, our friend Amber and I went out to dinner and to a movie. We had Thai food. It was delicious and the presentation of it was amazing!

Julie and I

On our last day there we went to the Oakland zoo, and my cousin and her kids met us there
These bats were fascinating

Carson was showing me how the bats hang. He is pretty good at it!

My little spiders

The zoo has some rides for the kids, so we did that at the end. It was a great day!
we all went out to dinner after the zoo. Lexi was exhausted and slept on the bench while we ate.
Here is Lexi snuggling with Emma while watching a movie
On our way to the airport the next day, we stopped at one of my favorite hot dog places.
Traveling with three kids on an airplane is challenging. I couldn't of done it without my mom's help. They did pretty good on the plane. It was just getting on that was a pain. On the way there we had a soda spill and leak all down the isle, on the way home I couldn't find my boarding pass ( the kids had a meltdown a few minutes prior to getting on........it's amazing that I was able to remember what my own name was after that! ha.ha. Then we had a couple of gift bags filled with small toys and it ripped when I picked it up, so I transferred it to another bag which also ripped..............really??

finally at our seats

the happy meals were a great idea! Carson set off the metal detector as we were checking in, we had him take off his belt, and then it when off again, we discovered that he had a little car in his pocket. Everyone was laughing. Love him=)
We were all SO happy to see Kyle. That is the longest we had ever been away from him. Kylie was glued to him for a little bit.
I came home to a perfectly clean house, and some beautiful roses on my table from my amazing hubby. Maybe I should go away more often.........

2 comments:

alice said...

Ashleigh,these pictures are sooo! awsome! Love to see all the kids on here.Seems everyone had a great time,when you were here in CA.You must do it again.I really was so happy to have you all here.It went by so fast. The kids really enjoyed themselves.Quite an adventure for everyone.The zoo was so much fun, and dinner too.Glad Julie, and the girls were here,so all the kids could play together.Hoping sometime next summer we can all go up to Idaho,and go camping too.I know we would have so much fun.We need to plan this for sure.Again, just love your blog,and all the great pictures. Miss you all too.Sending big hugs, and kisses to you all,especially my beautiful kids. Love Nena.

Williamson Fam said...

Ahhhh how fun. makes me want to go home for a trip, your so lucky you have friends there to visit, looks like a great time had by all. Miss you!