Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Thanksgiving!! We had the feast at our house this year with my dad. The kids helped Kyle and I get everything ready. It is a lot of work. By the time we got our giant meal prepared, we were tired and not overly hungry. my assistant chef!!
I love the holidays and the opportunity that we get to celebrate with family. It is wonderful.
Kyle's parents always make gingerbread houses on this holiday, and we have adopted that tradition for the last several years. It is so fun and gives the kids something exciting to do.
Kyle came around to help after it was almost fully constructed. Better late than never!

pretty cute and colorful!and then late that night my friend Melissa and I decided to brave the after Thanksgiving shopping. When they call it "after Thanksgiving" that is what it means. Just as it is time to go to bed, the sales start! Melissa loves shopping as much as I do. We searched the adds during the day and planned our route. It would probably have been a nightmare without her there to keep me laughing. We waited in lines for hours, and we got some great deals. We didn't get home until 5:00 in the morning. That is what you call Shopping until you drop! We were pretty goofy and giggly at around 2:00, so we got a snack and geared up for some more. It was actually so much fun. I got to sleep until about 8:00 and then Kyle was ready to head to the mall to get tires on our car. I couldn't pass up another shopping trip. ha.ha I think I may have a problem!!
Two days later was a BSU game. We hadn't been able to go to one all season and I believe it was the last home game. Kyle and his friend went to it, and I took the kids out to run some errands. We ran into Santa and got to take a picture with him. It was a nice surprise.
And here is my little buddy with another big bump on his head. His head seems to always get hit. This time he tripped over a curb and landed on the cement. Poor little guy!!
And here is Lexi in my bead exhausted after some fun holiday festivities!

No comments: