Monday, June 8, 2009

We made it through the terrible two's!

They actually were not that terrible. They did tag team me left and right, but it kept my life interesting. Everyday there was something new that they discovered, which meant a new mess for me to clean up. I wouldn't have it any other way. I may have complained at the time, but when I look back at all these events, it makes me laugh.
On June 7th, 2006..........mine and Kyle's lives changed forever in the most amazing way. We always knew that kids would change our life, but I don't think you can fully realize how much.......until you have them.
They have come a long way! This was such an exciting day for us. We knew that when they were moved from the incubator to a crib, that we would get to bring them home really soon =)
Best Friends...most of the time
Our world now revolves around all three of them. They have made our life complete! It is so exciting to watch them grow, and learn new things each day. They pick up on everything, and we really have to becareful what we say these days, because they hear and remember all of our words, and use them in the correct context. We have heard them repeat some funny things!

We had a fun little party at our house, with family and friends. The kids had so much fun, and loved playing with their cousins that are new in town. They call them their new friends. Kylie was really embarrassed by us singing the birthday song to her. She did not know how to react. She had the funniest look on her face. Carson just smiled and soaked it all in! They got some really nice gifts. Their favorite was their new bikes.
This was a cute sugar cookie card that auntie Nicole sent them
They are wonderful little kids. We are so proud of them. Little Lexi is lucky to have such an awesome brother and sister. I am sure they will show her the ropes as she grows!


Carson and I have eachother all figured out. He knows when I am distracted by the t.v. or the phone, that he can get into things that he is not suppose to. I have learned to multi task, and watch t.v or talk on the phone, while I am staring at him. He knows when I am watching him, and he'll tell me "mom, you go watch your movie" so that he can have a little freedom. He,he.

We look forward to all the fun that age three will bring!!

5 comments:

AW Cake! said...

I actually have found that the two's aren't so terrible...it's the three's that are hard. And the four's. And maybe even the fives. Then it gets easy for a bit and then hard again when they're about 8 1/2. Hahaha!!!
Your cakes turned out great - good job!

David and Melissa Belnap said...

They are so cute!! It is so fun to look back at where they came from!! It is hard to believe that they were tiny like that! :) We were sad that we couldn't make it last weekend....but maybe we will see you this weekend!!

Williamson Fam said...

Ahhh i cnat beleive they are 3 already, they are such sweet kids, i wish we lived closer so we could watch them grow..Miss you guys..

Megan said...

Oh my heck! I can hardly believe they're 3! Where does the time go? Kids grow up too fast. I love their cakes and their bikes should be so fun for them. Tell them Happy belated Birthday for us! Hug them lots because before you know it they will be 4, then 16, and then they'll be graduated High School and you'll wonder where the time went!

Natalie said...

What a beautiful little family you have. Your little girl looks so much like you!