Monday, August 2, 2010

A Happy Week.....

The happiest part of our week was meeting our friends new baby. They had been trying to have a baby for several years with no luck. They decided to try the adoption route without having high hopes of getting a baby quickly. After one year exactly a couple chose them to be the parents of their baby. I couldn't possibly be happier for them. It is just so wonderful to see something so great happen to deserving people. They will be the best parents to this lucky little girl. She is just beautiful, and I couldn't stop smiling!!! What a blessing to see all of this work out so perfectly. Kylie and Carson could not stop rubbing her full head of black hair. I couldn't either to be honest. ha.ha Also, two of my uncles and my grandma came up to visit. We were so happy to see them.We all use to be really close when I lived in California, and we got to see each other pretty often. I miss them all, and just love to have the opportunity to see them. Here is Carson and Sierra (my uncle's dog)
Sierra is an old 9dog and I was so glad that he brought her. Carson had a scary experience with a dog a couple of years ago, and has been terrified of large dogs ever since. This sweet dog helped him to overcome his fears. Since she is older, she is so calm and if he wanted to be near her, then he had to go to her. She didn't come to him, which is exactly what he needed.
My grandma brought us all some cute gifts. Carson got these cool shades and hat....
Kylie got some cool shades and some jewelry, they all got coloring books and movies, blankets, clothes. She gave me a beautiful necklace. I love it! Thanks again grandma. She came to church with us and during Sunday school, she had the entire class laughing. It was really funny. As part of the lesson there was a couple who was arguing over a candy bar and the teacher asked how we could solve the problem and my grandma said " well just give it to me" ha.ha. Then after church, she told me that she thought that the couple was being rude during the class. She made me laugh again, because she thought they were serious, and it was all just an act. She is great.
We had a few B.B.Q.'s at my parents house, so that we could visit with everyone. Lexi was spoiled with candy.......she loves suckersThe sisters!
The weather was so nice that day.......not too hot, so we were all happy. I admit, I get a little grouchy when I am hot.he.he
And here is Carson with my uncle Dave working on his letters. My uncle Dave is so easy going and patient. Carson actually cried when he had to leave. He is very nice and really easy to talk to. We went to the fair one day.....and it was HOT. The kids loved the corn dogs, and each ate the whole thing....even Lexi . I was too busy drinking ice cold Lemonade and trying not to roast. Our favorite part of the fair was, by far, the animals.
The sheep were really cute and loud=)
Lexi was pretty fascinated by the pigs. They are funny to watch.
And at the end of the week, we had dinner with Kyle's cousin who is new in town, and the kids were pretty tired. Carson even fell asleep in his daddy's arms while watching T.V., which is unusual for him.
Kylie and Carson are back in swim lessons this week for their second round, so they will be sleeping good this week too=)

1 comment:

David and Melissa Belnap said...

Oh! I am so happy that they got a baby!!! That is SUPER exciting!!!!!! Looks like you guys have had a fun, busy week!!! Soon it will be football time, and we will be over there being busy with you!!! :)