Thursday, March 11, 2010

Our Mini vacation With my Odd -1 and Alex

We just got back from a wonderful little getaway with our good friends. Audrey and Alex are celebrating their second anniversary here in Idaho. They are able to celebrate in a winter wonderland........how romantic!! It is sooo wonderful to see them!! I miss them more than words can say. Here are some pictures of our trip to McCall.......
We had breakfast at the Christmas house. I ordered one of their famous cinnamon rolls on the side. It turned out that my food actually looked like the side dish, instead of the cinnamon roll. We all ended up sharing it. I can't believe the size of it. ha.ha. They have a Christmas store all year long. It was so cute inside
Then we had a horrible experience at the swimming pool!!! I could not believe what happened there. We had to try really hard not to let it ruin our entire trip. The kids had been looking forward to swimming more than anything. So we took them. When we got inside the pool, there was an older couple in the hot tub. They were staring at us, and I figured that they thought the kids were cute. Boy, was I ever wrong!!! The kids got in the pool, and were having the BEST time ever. This lady started glaring at me, as the kids were laughing and playing(if looks could kill, I would no longer be here!) she got out of the hot tub, and let out a really loud scream. By this time, other elderly men had arrived, and they were enjoying playing with the kids in the pool. She continued to stare me down and I tried to ignore her the best I could. I knew she was going to eventually come over, and I thought if she hits me, then I will push her in the pool.That is how evil her looks were, I thought she was going to get physical! The time soon came, that I saw her heading over to me. She then pointed at me and called me a Four letter B word, and Kyle a 7 letter B word, and as she was shaking in fury she said that she couldn't believe that we would be so selfish as to take our kids into the pool. All I could think to tell her, was to come back after 9pm for the adult swim. Kyle was just staring at her in a shocked state from the pool (I was outside the pool). She then said she was going to go and tell the resort attendant, I told her to go ahead, and reminded her that she was a child once too. The sweet elderly men were then so kind to us, and felt so bad for us. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry at the moment. A few of them also went in and explained the situation to the attendant, because they felt so bad for us!! We did manage to not let it ruin our trip, and ended up joking with Audrey and Alex about it. She called us B&B........ha.ha.ha. And then she was thinking of all these cool things I should have told the old grouch. It worked out good that I contained myself, because we gained a lot of respect from our spectators. he.he.
Here is our happy family before oscar the grouch came over =0) This man in his 80's told me that if she came back, I needed to send her over to big Jim and he pointed to his muscles!! What a cutie.
We had the opportunity to go on a hayride, to feed some wild elk. It was AMAZING!!
There were over a hundred of them. I was a little nervous as they all started coming toward us. They feed off of the Hay that we were sitting on. It was just crazy.
We all LOVED it!This big boy was eating right in front of me. His antlers were just about touching me. He did make me a little nervous! He also made the other little elk nervous, because they all cleared a spot for him as he came walking over. Again, it was AMAZING!!! The snow was beautiful, and it was coming down the entire day.
We had a blast (with the exception of Oscar the grouch) =) I love my odd 1. She brought the kids beautiful outfits and toys, so they were instantly friends with her!he.he.Can't wait to see them again tomorrow, for some more fun!

2 comments:

David and Melissa Belnap said...

HOLY COW!! I can't believe how rude some people are!!! That is awful!! Why did she think that she had the right to be in the pool and not the kids? Please shoot me if I start to get grouchy in my old age! I am glad you didn't let that ruin your trip! It looks like an awsome place!!! Miss you guys! :)

Williamson Fam said...

Oh my gosh, i want to hunt that lady down and throw th smack down on her, you are way to nice, i would have WENT OFF....I would have said some words she had never heard before..Way to be the bigger person. That is nuts, and what a fun time, you guys are so fun...