Tuesday, March 16, 2010

part II

Our California visitors came to stay with us for a couple days of their vacation, and we were so glad! I thought it was so sweet because Audrey and Alex went to go and get some coffee in the morning, and they brought Carson and Kylie some hot chocolate. They looked so cute sitting around the table having some morning drinks. We took them to dinner, to one of our favorite and most romantic restaurants......fondue of course.......yummy!! We had the best time. I dipped one of the dessert items (which I thought was cheesecake) into the chocolate, and it tasted so funny. Kyle and Alex said it was a lemon bar. It was hilarious....because it definitely wasn't a lemon bar, and they were so convinced it was. They were cracking me up. We finally asked what the heck it was. It was sponge cake.....the strangest sponge cake I ever tasted. Oh, well. The rest of it was great. My poor Lex was sick too, so thankfully my mom was there taking the best care of her!
My mom also wanted to cook for our visitors. She make some super great food. Audrey and I were busting up laughing, because she asked Alex (who is very tall as you can see) to help her reach something, and the difference in height was just too funny. They both thought it was funny too, when I showed them the picture, so it was o.k. that we were laughing!
I get to see my Odd 1 again next week, we both said that we are feeling a little spoiled. I could get use to it, but I will try not to let myself!
My kids loved having them around too. They are the type of people that are just naturally great with kids. They spoiled them too, so that always helps.

1 comment:

Williamson Fam said...

Oh how fun, and tht pic f alex and your mom is SO FUNNY!!!She looks like a litle hobbit next to him, oh how i miss her...