Wednesday, December 2, 2009

slippery snakes and Thanksgiving

Carson's first day in gymnastics. His grup is called the slippery snakes, which I think is really cute. He did pretty well. I thought it would be good for him to get some of his energy out. It was a pretty long class for such a little guy, and I could tell that he was tired when it was over. The coach was great with him, and gave him a lot of extra attention on his first day. It was really cute to watch, and I give her a ton of credit for her patience. I am proud of my little buddy!


Here he is on the high balance beam. He got a little nervous at the end when she let go of him, so that he could jump.And here is my little monkey on the bars!
I am also a little late with our Thanksgiving pictures. Here are the kids getting ready to decorate their gingerbread houses. Kyle' parents are amazing, and spend a lot of time making, and cutting the gingerbread. We are so grateful that they do this, because the kids LOVE decorating them. I think most of the candy ended up in their tummies, before it made it to the houses!

My beautiful little Lexi on her first Thanksgiving. She was asleep during our feast, but ate shortly after. She was not too fond of mashed potatoes. But it seems like she doesn't care too much for real food at all. Maybe she is getting teeth in right now, because all she wants is baby food. I am sure that it isn't too fun trying to eat solid food without teeth anyway!

Two of my sister in laws and I also got to go out together that night. We had so much fun, they are wonderful ladies. Thanks again girls! Can't wait to do it again. I stole the picture of your blog Melissa.......hope you don't mind!We went to a Christmas parade when we got home. It was so long, and really fun. We all loved it.We sat on a cement wall, which was freezing cold. The kids all sat on our laps to keep their little bums warm!


It was so long, that Lex couldn't keep her eyes open for the whole thing.

Her and I did a little unintentional ice skating when we got back to our car. Kyle is always reminding me to watch where I am walking. He sometimes calls me Gracie. he.he. Anyway, he was getting ready to tell me to watch out, and there I went right into a pile of ice. I had Lexi, and I put my elbow out as much as I could to break the fall, so she wouldn't get hurt. It worked, I was sore for a few days, but thankfully she didn't get hurt! It is funny now, but a little embarrassing at the moment. I am use to things like that happening, so it doesn't bother me too much. I think Kyle is probably the one who feels the most embarrassed! Oh well, he loves me anyways! hehe. I keep things entertaining, he would be bored without me!!

The parade was a fun way to start celebrating Christmas. We are all excited, and enjoying all the fun things to do this month.

1 comment:

Williamson Fam said...

Oh how fun, what a fun tradition that kyles parents do. And so scary to fall with a baby in your arms, i did that down our stairs once with jake, it so scary, glad you both are ok..